Founded in 1920, CMPC began its operations in Brazil in 2009, when it acquired the Guaíba Unit of Aracruz Celulose, thus giving rise to CMPC. The industrial plant of Guaíba was officially inaugurated on March 16, 1972 and in the following decades was recognized as a reference for quality in processes and sustainability.
Increased investment by CMPC, in 2015 the company expanded its operations with a second pulp production line. The investment of R $ 5 billion increased in almost four times the productive capacity of the factory, which increased from 450 thousand tons of pulp / year to 1.75 million tons of pulp / year.
The work created 10 thousand direct jobs and 30 thousand indirect ones, besides generating a program of training of labor, benefiting, approximately, 9000 professionals. The expansion of the Guaíba 2 plant also favored the promotion of Gaucho suppliers, reaching about 180 companies in Rio Grande do Sul, not to mention the collection of taxes, around R $ 102 million in ICMS and R $ 2.2 billion in purchases locations.